Thursday 30 January 2014

The mortal instruments: city of bones by Cassandra Clare

I was reccomended to read the mortal instruments series by my friends so i bought the collection. There are 5 books in total so far and the first is city of bones. It about a world with shadowhunters and downworlders- warlocks, vampire, faeries and wereolves. The main character Clary finds out what and who she really is and goes on a quest with her best friend simon and some new people she meets.


I really enjoyed reading this book, it was really interesting and i literally could not put it down! My favourite character is definitely Simon because he is really nice and caring towards Clary not wanting her hurt and is a really good beat friend towards her. My favourite part is when they meet Magnus because he is really funny and wants to help. My favourite lines are when Magnus said " only because of the cute one" then Jace says "thank you" and then Magnus says "i meant him, with the blue eyes". My favourite chapter was the last chapter because of the big unexpected plot twist but that is all i will say!

I would give this book 5 Stars because it was brilliant and Cassandra Clare had made a whole world of their own. I would highly recommend this book because it was a great read that i finished in a matter of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment