Tuesday 17 June 2014

Looking For Alaska By John Green

I found that this book was written by the same author as the fault in ours stars and thought it looked good so I decided to read it. It is about a boy named Miles Halter, but his friend call him pudge (irony because he is skinny). Miles goes to a new school, a boarding school where is father and that side of the family went to, called Culver Creek. Here he becomes best friends with his room mate Chip Martin, aka the colonel. The colonel introduces. Miles to his friends, first if all Alaska Young, who miles think is the most beautiful girl in the world. He also becomes friends with Takumi and Lara. It is generally about the times he has spent at culver creek, good and bad. The book is split up into a Before and After.


I really loved this book and would highly recommend it to anyone over 12 and especially any fan of John Green. My favourite character is Takumi because he is really  fun and funny and a great to Miles and the colonel and Alaska. My favourite parts are when they all do a great prank together and Takumi wears a fox mask. My other part is when they do another great prank but if I say anymore it would spoil a lot so all I'll say is that it is in the after half of the book. My favourite quote is either "I love her present tense" said by Miles or "the fox cannot summit strawberry hill" said by Takumi.

I would give this book 5 stars because it was really good and I loved reading it and would read it over and over.


No comments:

Post a Comment